Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's OK to Think You're Cool

Recently I have been evaluating myself. Just looking at who I am, my personality, how I respond to people, my strengths, my spiritual gifts and my calling. As a teenager, I didn't see anything beautiful or anything really awesome at all. I used to point out everything wrong within myself. I would feel worse about myself after just saying "Woah! Look at all those pimples! Gross." or "Why can't anyone talk to me? I'm just too quiet. No one would ever want to talk to me." Over the years I've realized that God delights in me. He gave me specific qualities making me the unique, beautiful, and amazing woman God intended me to be.

I love talking about my strengths, talents, and spiritual gifts. I've started to see an even bigger picture of who God intended me to be. In those moments I just stand in awe and say, "Wow! God you made one awesome person! I can't believe the qualities you put in this person. To make things even better, this person is me! I am so cool!" God delights when we take pleasure in his creation. I don't think he ever wants us to point out all of our flaws and feel horrible about ourselves. He wants us to enjoy who we are and delight that he put all these qualities together for a reason.

After God created land and sea and the heavens and the earth, God saw that it was good. But after he created Adam and Eve, he it was very good and then he rested. There is no mistake. I remember crying out to God and saying "What do you see in me? God, I'm positive you made a mistake when you created me." God made you for a reason. God doesn't make mistakes. He loves and accepts you for who you are.

I just want to encourage you to start delighting in who God created you to be. He made you to be an awesome person. God only makes cool people. He never makes mistakes. Start evaluating yourself and taking pleasure in the little things. When you start delighting in yourself, you not only become a happier person, but you also just want to glorify God even more for being an awesome Creator.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and might in power; his understanding has no limit." Psalm 147:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment