Wednesday, March 14, 2012

By the Authority Vested in Me

I have just gone on a deeper level with God. It's amazing. Remember those moments in youth group you started getting a word from God? And you know it was God because after you did it you not only felt so much better but there was confirmation after you did it. I had so many of those moments. I remember going to youth group and getting that feeling I had to pray for a friend up at the altar. Or I would be at camp and I felt I needed to tell someone something that made no sense to me, but by the reaction, it was God moving through me.

Then I continued my walk with God and started going on missions trips and these feelings would get stronger. There would be times that I would think, "If God is telling me what to do or what to say, why can't He do it Himself? He's God isn't He? He created the whole world. Why does He need me to talk to this person?"

I just finished reading through the book of Ezekiel and that's all it was about. God would always tell Ezekiel what to say and he would do it. There was one significant story that really grabbed my attention. Many of us have heard this story. God told Ezekiel to speak to the dry bones to become flesh. Ezekiel obeyed with every word he was told. What really got me thinking is of course God could very well have done that all by Himself and could have proved how big He is again. Although God could have done it Himself, He wanted Ezekiel to do it because he instilled an authority that was being validated in that moment. (It's in Ezekiel 37 if you want to look up for yourself)

In those moments God is telling us what to do or what to say, He is validating our authority. How cool is that? We have an authority to speak into someone's life or tell the demons to flee. God wants to include you in His giant plan. He created you for such a purpose. We may think He could never want to include us but that is just the opposite. When He created you, He thought,"Man, I can't wait to see how I can use this person." You are uniquely formed..... given with authority. When I think about that, I just want to praise Him because He could have looked me over and decided not to include us in His great plan, but He did!

No comments:

Post a Comment