Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One Month

As of today, there is exactly one month left until my graduation date. Most people would be excited and just dying of anticipation. I would be, however, I have enormous amounts of work I have to get done before then. So for now, I'm dreading that date. For one HUGE reason is my senior project. It has been looming over my mind all semester. At this point, I just want to be done. I want everything finished. If I could have a personal assistant, that would be swell. Although I have a big 30 page paper to write, I also have the regular day-to-day assignments demanded of other classes. Thus the stress level goes up 70%. Brilliant.

This week I had been so busy just stressing out over this and in my mind accepting the fact that I would be so happy to take an incomplete and finish this summer. My adviser had a different idea. She still thinks I can get it on time. So.... I'm still working on it, along with all my other assignments. (*Deep sigh* Breathe Amy. You can do this. One step at a time)

Over and over again, God would keep reminding me that he has this under control and that I don't need to worry about it. Being a member of the human race, I have a natural tendency to worry about such things. I was just reminded that God is bigger. Since I was a freshman all the way up to now, God has been proving himself faithful. He promised that I would graduate. I don't think God would take me part of the way and then desert me. He is a God of promises and he intends on taking care of me. Now, I may be worrying about the little things that add up to one big thing, but in retrospect, it's not my job to worry. All I need to do is obey.

Tonight I was reminded of my life theme which is "Be Still. Be Joyful. Have Faith." Then Exodus 14:14 came to mind which is "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." Really, how great is that? The Lord will fight for me. This is my battle and he is willing to fight it for me, I just need to be still. Along with being still, I was also reminded of the story of the Israelites fighting the Amalekites. When Moses had his arms up, the Israelites were winning, but when his arms were down, the Amalekites were winning. So in that position of being still, I need raise my hands in surrender to my God and just worship him for who he is. God cares for me more than he cares for the sparrows and he meets their needs.

When I look up in the sky and see all the stars, I think how great of a God I serve, and I feel so small and insignificant. The fact that the God who showed how mighty and great he is with the stars and planets can care for my every need. He holds my world in his hands. So in exactly one month, I will not only defeat this last obstacle, I will conquer! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I believe that in this last month, I will have tremendous amount of strength. I know I will look back at this and know that God had his hand in it the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful Blog post AMY! I am so excited for you! Your friend and sister in the Lord Christene

    ReplyDelete