Monday, November 12, 2012

My Passions

I love talking about my passions. It's what keeps me focused and makes the passion stronger. One of my strengths is Futuristic. That makes so much sense! I could seriously get lost in wonderland and just dream my whole life. I love telling people what I want to be when I grow up. I love sharing my dreams and what has been on my heart. The thing I also love is when I'm done sharing my dreams, I start to see wheels turning on some dreams that others may have. So then it becomes their turn. It's so fun for me! So I'm going to use this blog entry to dream and share with you the things that keep me moving. Hopefully this will inspire you.

My number one passion is God. I am absolutely 100% head-over-heels for him. I love serving him and being completely surprised in the end. I know he has taken care of me throughout the span of my life and there is no reason why he would just leave me in the dust, even though I have done worse to him. There are times I have put things on the shelf and God has reminded me that his plan is greater than my own. Sometimes, by putting it on the shelf, I had to put away my own desires and what I perceive and then God shows me something even better. Once I see what he has, I know longer want the thing I had wanted, or not exactly in the same way. And just when I think I've figured  God out, he throws something else wonderful at me and it just causes me to worship him. 

I love missions. I have had a heart for it since I was 16. Every year, that dream would get stronger and more real. People who knew this about me would check up on me and see if this is still what I want to do, and I would always answer "Absolutely." I had never seen myself as a missionary but things just started to change and my heart started to grow for it. As I prayed about where I was supposed to be a missionary, I also grew an enormous heart for Sweden. I love Sweden. I am in love with Europe. I truly believe Europe needs God. I would tell people I want to go to Sweden some day to be a missionary and they always would give me a strange look and ask me why. It's my heart. Then I started to realize my passion for church and then that sort of evolved to church planting. I want to be a church planter and would love to start in Sweden and go to other countries if possible. 

When I was in Germany doing my internship, I always needed a translator. Every time it got to a point where I needed someone to translate for me, I found myself wanting to be on the other side. I wanted to be the person translating. I have always wanted to be fluent in another language. Since then, my passion to translate has grown, and continues to do so. 

Ever since I have had a camera of my own, I've wanted to be a photographer. I love taking pictures and capturing the moment. I love being artistic with the camera and using different angles. I love what a picture says without saying anything. I love just taking a picture and finding out how it has turned out. I love those moments when you see a picture and it just takes your breath away, and there really are no words to describe it. 

So this is my dream, I want to plant churches in northern Europe, become a professional translator, and a professional photographer. I believe the richer countries also need the love of Jesus. I believe in the Bride of Christ and what it represents. I love it. I love how the church is so complex but so simple and I want to teach people how to be a leader in church and allow them to make it their own. I want to be fluent in other languages because I believe it would be beneficial for my ministry but I also want to be able to use a work visa in places where missionaries are not allowed. I also believe in the power of a picture. I want to take pictures of my travels and the missions trips I've been on and show it for everyone else. I want to use it for my church, or for when I am itinerating. I believe missions can use any means, including technology.

I hope this inspires you to dream big and to keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment