Being a student, it only became natural to say that Saturday was my favorite day of the week. I think everyone can relate. I remember loathing Monday mornings because I had to get up early, and then work for 5 days straight. Being in college, my schedule would change with each semester, sometimes giving me a new favorite day. Each one had a different reason for being my favorite.
Now I'm a college grad working full time. My current favorite day of the week is still Saturday. It was my favorite in school, in college, and afterwards. I hate waking up early in the morning, especially when early means 6:00 am. I am most definitely a night owl. Among friends, I would be considered an early bird by getting up at 8:00 am. I'll be honest, I love that snooze button. Some of you are probably yelling at your computer expressing your frustration about waking up when the alarm goes off and what's the point in continually pressing the snooze. I understand that. But for someone who is not a morning person, that snooze button allows me to wake up gradually in the morning. On Saturdays, I don't have an alarm waking me up. I get up whenever I wake up, which is usually around 8:00.
Since I am always on the run in the morning, I never have time to make the best breakfast ever, so I make them on my favorite day. I love whipping some eggs together, brewing some coffee, and getting my Bible open. I LOVE coffee and I LOVE digging in the Word. Being able to take my time in the morning, spending time with the Lord (before my roommates wake up) ushers in a great day. This is also a strange fact about me that I love to wake up before everyone else. I love the quiet before the day. It's calming and brings in a great day.
Sometimes I'll spend the rest of the day reading a book or watching movies. Sometimes I'll spend it organizing and cleaning. Almost every Saturday, I am doing things that need to get done and then when it's over, I feel accomplished. That feeling after it's all done is the best feeling and when I go to bed, my last thought is always "This was a great day!" It's usually just spent relaxing and doing what makes me feel regenerated from the week.
Happy Saturday!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment