Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A New Chapter: Living out of Boxes and Suitcases

Aaaaahhhhh! It's good to be back on my blog. I've missed it so. I'm sure you're all dying to know how these last (almost) 3 weeks have been. To be honest, it has been surreal. Thinking back on life in Minneapolis has been a dream away. It feels like it's been a year since I had to wake up at 6:00 am daily to go to work and do the same mundane thing everyday. Life at the apartment and church seems like it was a dream. The amazing thing is that it hasn't even been a month. Since moving back to my home city, I have been at peace. I have known for some time that this move was going to happen, and after all those months of praying and seeking the Lord guidance, it finally happened!

My life right now feels like the fish trapped in the aquarium on Finding Nemo. They spend the whole movie coming up with ways to escape. They never gave up. Well, at the very end, like when the credits are rolling, they finally make it to the ever anticipated The Big Blue as Bubbles called it. Each fish is in their own baggy. Once they make it across the street and into the harbor, they end up bobbing in the water and look at each other and one fish says, "Uh.... now what?" That's what my life currently feels like. There was so much anticipation about moving and having a new beginning. I prayed constantly and God's guidance and timing. Once I finally reached that date that was so far away, I'm now sitting here going, "Now what?" I have filled out countless applications, been interviewed many times, and I live in my sister's basement.

In the past, I would be stressed out about finding the right job, the right place to live, etc. But I think because I had spent months praying about this new chapter, I am full of peace and confident that God will have a job for me at the right time. I'm literally just taking this one step at a time. Since my first Sunday back at the church I grew up in, I have felt more peace. I know this is where I should be right now. Prayers have been answered about getting involved with a small group. I've been going every week since I came back and I feel so blessed to be apart of this group.

Right now I would love to unpack all of my things, take the rest of my stuff out of storage, and settle in. But I obviously can't because I don't have a job. In order to have a job, I need to pay for a place to live so I can settle in. Each day I have literally been letting God lead me. So if you think of it, pray for me. Pray that I find a job with a consistent schedule with benefits and decent pay. You can also pray that I can walk in God's peace.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear what's going on. Give Josiah a call. He's working at Grandma's. We miss you! And we love you!!

    ReplyDelete