So for graduation, I got a DSLR camera. I had been dreaming about owning one since I was about 17. I just about cried when I opened it. I didn't think it was real for a while. I had been dreaming about this camera for so long that that's all it seemed to be, just a dream. I have always loved photography since the day I bought (with my own money I might add) my first camera. I had always wanted to be a photographer. In case you were wondering how old I was when I started talking pictures, I was 6. I had a little hot pink 110 exposure camera with a lime green bracelet. I was so proud of that thing. I took it everywhere with me. From this camera birthed the desire to be a photographer and capture memories. Well, fast forward 18 years and now I have a state of the art camera that I can switch out the lenses. This is my baby. I am extremely proud to be the owner of this camera. I can do so many things with it that I could only dream of doing with a straight shot. Well, to make a long story short, I lost my lens cap. I had no idea where it was. It was way after I had left the park that I realized it was gone. I searched through all my things and it was no where to be found. I was slightly frustrated because here I have a brand new camera and what do I do? I loose the lens cap. Great!
While I was searching my apartment I kept getting a feeling that it was at that park. So I drove all the way to the park. It's funny to think that I would waste gas and energy just for a small piece of plastic. Although that may be all it will ever be for some people, that worthless piece of plastic fits on my lens just perfectly to protect from scratching. Nothing else could take its place. So if I did not have that lens cap, it would scratch my lens and the quality of my photos would be horrible. Hence a now worthless lens. But I drove to this park and when I got out of the car, I had a feeling I needed to walk to the second bench. So I did and I stood there looking at the ground and I found myself saying, "Ok, now what?" then I got the feeling I needed to turn left. And there it was. I had never seen anything so beautiful. My lens cap just sitting in the grass waiting for me to come and rescue it.
In that moment I was so overwhelmed by the love God has for me. He led me every step of the way. He told me exactly where it was. The thing that gets me is that He is such a great God that He didn't even have to worry about my lens cap. It's something so huge in my life, but so small and insignificant in His. But yet, He loved me so much to take care of my camera because He knows how much that camera means to me. I realized, God has everything under control. He has control over my job, my finances, and my life. If He can show concern about a little worthless piece of plastic, He is more concerned about the bigger things in my life. Wow! What a great God I serve! Thank you Jesus for showing me where my lens cap was.
No comments:
Post a Comment