It's been two weeks since I graduated and it's been two weeks since I have been searching for a job. The status: unemployed. It's a bit daunting to say the least. When I know that God will provide for my every need, I still get a little antsy at times. I'll admit, I'm kind of impatient right now. I think in our culture we are so caught up in being busy and always having something going on that we never take time to even smell the roses. We have to schedule time to smell the roses. I have applied to so many places and haven't heard from anything yet. I'm also going through a couple temp agencies and both said that managers aren't willing to commit. I guess I'm just gonna have to keep playing this waiting game.
What am I doing in the mean time? Keeping busy. Since I am only granted sunlight for four hours each day in my dungeon of an apartment, I have been seeking sunlight other places (A.K.A. outside). I have been seeking fresh air and going for walks. Usually what I've been doing is taking my new camera along, plugging in my newly found ipod, and just spending time with Jesus, enjoying His creation. I have been forcing myself to get out at least once a day to at least feel like I've accomplished something, even if that meant taking pictures. I've also been watching A LOT of Netflix. I'm changing it so that I am now only watching it at night or if it's rainy. After several days of doing the same thing over and over again, it gets a bit boring, I'll admit. Especially doing it on my own.
For about a day I started feeling like I didn't have any friends because no one has really called me. You know how that goes. Everyone at some point has gone through that. Well, then I realized that I should call all my friends and let them know that I am available. Once I did, I started to get busy again. Now, in the mean time of trying to find a job, I am not only hanging out in the dungeon and reading a book, I am also getting out. Last night I also had a freak out moment over not having a job. After two weeks, it can be a bit hard. It doesn't look like anything promising is coming. Well, I was reminded that God has everything in control. He has promised that He would take care of me. So I am now going to enjoy this time while I have it. I know God has it under control and there is no need for me to worry. My God is a God of promises. He is faithful to the end and even then, He will never fail. He is so unbelievably patient. I absolutely do not deserve His love or His promises but He gives them anyways because He delights in me.
To those waiting on God's promises, this is for you. I just finished the book of John and I came across the story of the blind man. The one that Jesus put mud in his eyes and spit on them and then told him to go wash up. People would ask if this man was blind because his parents did something wrong or if he had sinned. Then Jesus said, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." I have this as a reminder. It's not that this period of unemployment is a punishment for me, but it's a time of rest, renewal, and a time for God to show once again that He is God. It also says in Matthew that He cares for the needs of the sparrows. If He cares so much about the needs of the sparrows, you think He'll care more about your own needs? God's plans are always better than we ever planned for ourselves. We just have to play the waiting game with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment